Romantic souls welcome, this one's for you! Grab your special someone and read about the most romantic spots in Dubrovnik to put down on your summer bucket list.
''If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance'' – Bern Williams
We all could agree that summer is the most romantic season of the year. Those long summer nights under the stars, walking on the beaches and listening to the sea waves, salty kisses in the sea and so much more are a recipe for summer love. In this blog post we'll be happy to share with you 5 best romantic spots we love, so without further ado, let's start;
5. Island Lokrum – we have mentioned it in our blog posts several times already, but there is no way of escaping the beauties of this island. It's located just across the Old Town and can be reachable with a short 15 minutes boat ride from the old harbour. Palm trees, pines, cactuses, eucalyptus and agave, botanical garden, peacocks, bunnies, lake, beaches and promenades are the reason this island is called tranquil island among locals. A perfect day trip to reconnect with your loved one.
View from the city walls of the island Lokrum and Old Town harbour
4. Mountain Srđ and a cable car ride – take a cable car just above the Old Town that will slowly transfer you to the peak of the mountain Srđ, while you are able to enjoy mesmerizing views of the Old Town's red rooftops and massive city walls. When reaching the top, stop for a minute and soak in the views, memorize the feeling of enjoyment with your special someone on this magical spot. Take a photo together, having the Old Town in the palm of your hand while watching the sunset – postcard from Dubrovnik!
View from mountain Srđ
3. Sunset walk on the city walls – this one should definitely be on your bucket list, weather you wish to experience it with your loved one or by yourself. Dubrovnik is a romantic city by itself, it does not even need to try. However sunset walk on the massive city walls is just the thing to get your loved – up buzz going. It’s just as wonderful as everyone says, not trying to sound like a brochure, but red rooftops covered with orange sunset sun, your lover and you, overlooking the open sea is a definite smooch – worthy activity.
Sunset walk on the city walls
2. Lovrijenac fortress and romantic dinner - placed on 37 metre high cliff, one of the oldest monuments in Dubrovnik, also known under the name “Dubrovnik’s Gibraltar” because of the big rock under it, it's just the perfect place to go for a quiet walk away from the crowds. Romantic dinner following fort Lovrijenac walk, is set up inside the Old Town at konoba Jezuite. Its location, with romantic, quiet setting and open space area will take your breath away. In the heart of famous Ruđer Bošković square, overlooking the Jezuite church dating back to 1725 year, reachable by Baroque stairs leading from Gundulić square, this gem is hidden. Food & drinks are delicious and all prepared by the old recipes of Dubrovnik fishermen with rich selection of local wines.
Lovrijenac fortressDinner date Konoba Jezuite
1. Buza bar – popularly called ''hole in the wall'', as it is, hole in the city walls that will take you to this most romantic spot in the Old Town. It's a bit of a struggle to find it, however from Konoba Jezuite mentioned before is the easiest way. Take a left from the restaurant, you'll find yourself beneath the city walls, now take a right, look for the sign and follow it. This little private corner is where the most mesmerizing sunset views while drinking a glass of wine will take place. The views are what panorama feature on your phone is made for, trust us.
~ Love doesn't need to be perfect, it just need to be true. ~
With great love we sheared this blog post with all of you our sweet readers,
Creative Events Croatia